Join us for meditation every Monday from 7pm-9pm at 65 North Main Street in Yardley, PA (Yardley Friends Meeting) – All are welcome!
After the meditation many stay for open discussion period from 8pm-9pm where we have a different theme every month.
September Theme: Aspects of Mindfulness
- September 5 Labor Day: Open Discussion
- ** First Monday of the Month Meditation optional instruction 7:00PM -7:30PM**
- September 12: Mindfulness through Walking Meditation – Learn about 2 different methods
- September 19: Dharma Talk with Dr. Rebecca Li – Dr. Li is a featured Dharma teacher on the March 2016 cover of Lion’s Roar Magazine. She teaches in the Dharma Drum lineage established by Chan master Sheng Yen. In her Lion’s Roar article, she is asked to respond to the question: “What is the most important truth to proclaim in today’s troubled world?” Her answer focuses on the teaching: “Everything is Interdependent.” In addition to being a Dharma teacher, she is a professor of sociology at The College of New Jersey. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Li to share her wisdom with our Sangha for the first time.
- September 26: Mindfulness of Our Environment
First Monday of every month Basic meditation instruction and questions about the Sangha are answered these nights for the first 20 minutes of the service. All welcome
- You do not need to be a member of the Sangha to join us in any of our events. However, a free membership is available to help depend your commitment to meditation and the Sangha, as well as to have voting privileges in yearly elections, and more. Ask on a Monday evening for a membership form or see it online.
Sangha Support (Dana)*
The Sangha offers our weekly meetings, programs, and retreats through the volunteer efforts of members and the Board. We rely on your weekly donations to pay the rental fee for this space. Our teachers receive no payment for their instruction: in the tradition of dana (generosity) they are supported solely by your voluntary donations. May your generosity be a spontaneous expression of gratitude. We have a donation box on the lobby table with the order of service booklets. Your donations are tax deductible.
If you can’t attend our group meditation, you can find a group that practices sitting Meditation near you.
Volunteer to help the Sangha
Our sangha would not be possible without the work of our volunteers. Ask one of the board members any time if you are interested in helping out. We need help with setup, cleanup, delivery of donations to the local food pantry and more.